EGG NOG SUGAR COOKIES
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp vanilla extract (1 Tbs+1 tsp)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup egg nog
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 7 cups flour
1) Mix together the butter, sugar, salt, vanilla extract, milk, eggs, and baking powder. When the mixture is smooth and consistent, add the flour a cup at a time. If you need to add more flour, do so.
2) When the dough is no longer sticky, pull it out of the bowl and roll into 3/4” balls and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
3) Preheat the oven to 350F and bake for approximately 12 minutes or until cookies are a light golden brown. Cool on cooling racks.
4) Decorate anyway you like, although, I like them plain as well. I drizzled a few with a sugar glaze and sprinkled them with white sugar crystals, but they really are amazingly tasty straight off the pan.
Yields approximately 50 cookies
These cookies freeze amazingly. I roll them out into balls and then flash freeze them on a tray for an hour or two. Then, transfer them to a zip top baggie and store in the freezer. When you’re ready to bake them, pull a few out and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.