BACON & CREAM CHEESE JALAPENO POPPERS
Yields 20 Peppers
- 16 oz package of bacon
- 10 Jalapeno peppers (you can use any pepper, for more control over the heat factor. My mom likes these with green bell peppers).
- one 16 oz package of cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil for easy clean up.
- Wash the peppers. Open the bacon and slice in half. I find kitchen shears to be the easiest to do that with. Open the package of cream cheese.
- Slice the peppers in half and remove the seeds and membrane. I cut the stems off too, but that's optional.
- Cut the cream cheese into 20 skinny slices.
- Lay a slice of cream cheese inside each pepper.
- Wrap each pepper and cream cheese slice in a half strip of bacon.
- Place the peppers on the baking sheet in a single layer, not touching each other.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on size of peppers. When the peppers are an olive green color and the bacon is thoroughly cooked, take the peppers out of the oven.
- Let cool approximately 10 minutes. Be careful, the grease from the bacon will be HOT!
Serve and enjoy!
**I currently have a poll on my blog regarding Weekend Wander, my weekly link party. If you would like the party to continue (or if you really don't want it to continue), please take just a couple seconds and click over to the blog and vote on the poll at the top of the page. Poll closes next week. Thanks!
If you'd like to get more While He Was Napping, you can find me here: