We were recently introduced to Biscoff butter. And my life is now complete. The end.
No, just kidding. We were also told that it’s fantastic on waffles… So, we had to test that out ourselves. But not with just any waffle recipe. Something as delicious as Biscoff butter needs something just as magnificent to compliment it. And, since we’re spreading cookies on top, it’s a little healthier with applesauce instead of oil, like most of recipes. These were so good that I am seriously thinking about making more right now… writing about them is making me salivate. And with that mental image in your head… let’s make waffles!
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 eggs
– 1 3/4 cups milk
– 1/2 cup applesauce
– 1/2 Tbsp white sugar
– 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
– 4 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– Sliced strawberries (optional)
– Biscoff Butter spread (optional – can be found at Wal-Mart, WinCo and other grocery stores)
– Whipped topping (optional)
– Preheat waffle iron. This also makes good pancakes.
– In a medium bowl, whip the eggs until fluffy (approximately 2 mins or so).
– Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth and well combined.
– Spray or butter preheated waffle iron.
– Pour a circle of batter in the middle of the iron, approximately half the diameter of the waffle iron. Cook until golden brown.
– Serve with Biscoff butter, fresh fruit, whipped topping (or other toppings), if desired. Enjoy.
Serves approximately 6.