This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RevUpF8 #CollectiveBias
Hey there! Welcome and I’m so glad you are here! Do you have a car-loving kiddo in your life? My three boys are all big into cars and have been since they could hold things in their hands. And, I’ll admit, I have a thing for fast cars too. I’ve enjoyed the Fast & Furious™ movies since I was in college; and now, they are some of our go-to movies for at-home date nights. With the DVD release of The Fate of the Furious on July 11th, it’s the perfect time to introduce the Fast & Furious™ world to my boys with the Fast & Furious™ toy line at Walmart. They are loving this Frozen Missile Attack Deluxe Playset and the 5-pack of assorted vehicles based on actual cars from the movie!
EVERY RACE CAR NEEDS A RACE TRACK
Now that we have these super cool cars to play with, I was itching for some fun race play time. Giving kids the chance to free play is high on my list, but sometimes it’s fun to have a little guided play too. This DIY is the perfect way to combine the two. Make your car-loving kids this printable race track for their Fast & Furious™ cars, because what’s a race car with nowhere to race?
The best part? It’s reusable and there is no right or wrong way to play. When my kids feel like they are in control of play time it tends to lead to longer and more engaged play, which means I can cook dinner without tripping over little boys in my kitchen. Between the play sets and this DIY race track, they should be happy for quite a while.
Do you need more Fast & Furious™ inspiration for your play time? Get lots of great ideas for some more fun!
MAKE YOUR RACE TRACK IN 5 EASY STEPS
Life with kids is great, but play time can get rough and tough. A paper toy isn’t bound to last long in my house. Yours either? Well, I’ve got a few tips so you only have to print this race track once and to help it last as long as possible once you let the kids loose. Ready? Let’s do it!
- Printable Track Pieces in Color | Track Pieces in Monochrome
- Laminating pouches or self-laminating sheets
- Laminator (if using thermal laminating pouches)
- 3/8″ hook and loop fastener dots
- Print the track pieces. I suggest a card stock or other thick paper for durability. You may want to print more than one copy of the pieces, so there will be more to play with. This tutorial uses 2 sets of the color track set.
- Cut the track pieces out with the scissors, getting as close to the edge of the road as you can unless you want a white border on the edges.
- Laminate the pieces. I prefer a thermal laminator, but you can use self-laminating sheets too. Follow the directions on the packaging to get the best seal. A thicker sheet or pouch may help your track pieces last longer.
- Cut around the track pieces with the scissors. Make sure to leave enough border so the seal stays intact.
- Attach the hook and loop fastener dots to the ends of each piece. Put the hook pieces on the front side of the track pieces and the loop pieces on the underside. This makes it so you can rotate the track pieces. Repeat for each track piece, trying to get them as close to the center as you can so they will line up.
That’s it. You’re ready to play! Store pieces in a ziptop bag or other container with a couple of cars so you’re always ready for some race time play! Not much room to play? Only get out a few track pieces out for a compact track. Or go all out and try to use all the pieces!
FAST & FURIOUS™ PLAY TIME FOR EVERYONE
We love playing with the Fast & Furious™ cars and the play set. I’m excited to snuggle up for date night and enjoy The Fate of the Furious and those awesome cars from the big screen! F8 released on DVD on July 11! Grab some fun toys for your car-loving kids at Walmart!