This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone.#GameDayGreats #CollectiveBias
In a house full of testosterone, sports are a big deal and game day is a holiday. Game day is a family affair for us and good food is always present. Slow cooker recipes save the day in our house because they are easy to put together, taste delicious and don’t require a lot of prep time. This Coca-Cola BBQ Pork Dip is delicious served with crackers. In addition, this recipe is great because you can change the quantity really easily to fit the size of your crowd.
COCA-COLA BBQ PORK DIP: THE PERFECT GAME DAY RECIPE
Why is this the perfect game day recipe? This one recipe offers these three things I look for in my favorite game day recipes:
- Can easily feed a large crowd without a lot of complicated steps
- Minimal prep time because the kitchen isn’t where I want to spend Game Day
- Doesn’t require a lot of attention when I’ve already got a busy kitchen
If you need to feed a large crowd this is the perfect recipe. It’s super easy to change the size of the roast you use and, furthermore, it doesn’t take much longer to make a large batch.
Your active prep time for this Coca-Cola BBQ Pork Dip is less than 30 minutes. All you really have to do is put the roast in the slow cooker, shred the meat when it’s tender, mix in the BBQ sauce and add the garnishes.
You can make this recipe ahead of time and warm up back up; furthermore, make it super simple and serve it right from the slow cooker. It’s a great way to keep the dip warm, if you prefer it that way. It’s good cold too. My kids like it warm best, but my husband eats it right out of the fridge.
THE WHOLE FAMILY WILL LOVE COCA-COLA BBQ PORK DIP
This is always a huge crowd pleaser, especially with the men. It’s good, hearty man-food. I love that I don’t have to worry about a sugar rush (and crash!) during our celebrating. My family loves this recipe and always hopes for leftovers. We almost always end up disappointed though, because it really is THAT good.
I love that the recipe is easy, the ingredients are simple, and my whole family loves it. I grabbed the half liter 6-pack of Coca-Cola, RITZ, TRISCUIT and Wheat Thins crackers, and everything else I needed on a grocery run to Smith’s. And, on Game Day, it’s ready and waiting for me to drop it in the slow cooker so I can get on with our pre-game preparations.
COCA-COLA BBQ PORK DIP RECIPE
Serves: 18 servings
- Approximately 1lb pork roast
- .5 liter Coca-Cola
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- ⅓ cup honey BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- colby jack cheese for garnish
- Place a pork roast in a slow cooker.
- Combine one half liter bottle of Coca-Cola, ½ cup brown sugar, ½ Tbsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp ginger powder and mix well.
- Pour over pork roast and set slow cooker to high. Cook 4-6 hours until roast is tender.
- Shred roast and return shredded meat to the slow cooker. Cook meat for additional 2 hours on low heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the meat to a large serving bowl.
- Add BBQ sauce to the meat and mix until evenly combined.
- Spread ¼ cup sour cream on top of the shredded meat.
- Sprinkle with shredded colby jack cheese and bacon bits.
- Serve with crackers.
In our family, part of what makes Game Day great is all the amazing food! Check out your local Kroger or Kroger banner store for all your Game Day recipe needs. Looking for more Game Day Greats? Check them out and pack your party full of amazing foods. GO TEAM!