FELT ROAD/TRACK SET
- 36"x36" Felt Sheet (I got mine at Michael's in the kid's craft section for about $4)
- Yellow Puffy or Dimensional Fabric Paint (bought mine at Wal-Mart for $1)
- Good scissors - they don't have to be good, but it'll make your life easier!
- I just free-handed the different shapes and lengths of road pieces. I used a piece of chalk and drew the shape, making minor adjustments until I was happy with it.
- Then I cut out the pieces I'd drawn and used them as a pattern for the other pieces so there was some continuity in them. You can make the road any shape you want, but these are the shapes and quantities I used:2 - Semi Circles (They can make roundabouts or sharp curves)
2 - Swoopys (Creates a little jog in the road)
8 - Large Corners
8 - Small Corners
4 - Short Straights
8 - Medium Straights
12 - Long Straights
These are super nice because they are compact. We can pack the whole set into a gallon size zipper bag and take them with us anywhere. They are machine washable, should Gator grab the pieces with graham cracker goobers all over his hands. They are durable and soft and a favorite at our house. Totally worth a little bit of my time to have happy boys... Now I just need to make another set for Gator...
Now available in my Etsy Shop.
If you'd like to get more While He Was Napping, you can find me here: