This Couple’s Jenga Game idea was originally published in 2015. This article has been republished to maintain relevancy and usability.
Oh, date night. Having date night is the best. Planning date night, not so much. But, relationships take work and skipping date night isn’t the best long game solution. Cue up the at home date! Add a fun game and date night is exciting again. And this Couples Jenga Game is PERFECT. Simple, inexpensive, fun and intimate. Just what date night should be!
AT HOME DATE: COUPLE’S JENGA GAME
COUPLE’S JENGA – AN AT HOME DATE NIGHT GAME THAT WILL HELP YOU DEEPEN YOUR RELATIONSHIP
Life gets busy. Date nights and alone time are often sporadic. I love my kids and they make our family complete; but, I also treasure the relationship I have with their dad, my husband.
The young adults from years ago who were still discovering the world, themselves and each other are still here. It can be hard to find that woman sometimes in the mess of responsibilities and obligations she has now.
This Couples Jenga Game is perfect for rediscovering the excitement in your relationship. Reminisce and even learn new things about your sweetie while having fun together!
COUPLES JENGA IS THE PERFECT DATE NIGHT GAME FOR COUPLES LOOKING TO GET AWAY FOR A BIT
As nice as it would be to run off for the weekend, that’s not really an option, right? If you’re looking for a way to escape all the responsibilities and stress for a little while, this Couples Jenga date night is perfect! Are you:
- stressed out?
- tired of people wanting things from you all day?
- looking to relax a bit?
- a board or card game enthusiast?
- on a budget?
- wanting a different kind of date night?
If any of those were yes answers, you need a Couples Jenga Date Night!
3 SUPER EASY STEPS TO MAKE YOUR COUPLES JENGA GAME
Truth bomb. Ready? The hardest part of this project is coming up with ideas of what to write on each block. But, there is a silver lining. Two, actually.
One: I made a set of 60 questions and activities that are ready to print. If you want an easy peasy project, you can find those in my Etsy Shop. There’s even an editable PDF file to help you customize your game as simply as possible.
Two: You can make this game as sweet or saucy as you want. I included a mix of naughty and nice, but you can do whatever would benefit your relationship most.
Okay, let’s do this!
COUPLES JENGA GAME MATERIALS:
- Jenga Block Template – Download this from the button below. If you want the Editable PDF template or the Ready-to-Print labels, get them in my Etsy shop.
- Jenga Game – Get it on Amazon. You can find knock off versions and they will work (I used a knock off version), but the quality isn’t as good and the blocks may not line well.
- Paper and Printer – I recommend standard printing paper* and a laser printer. Ink jet will work too.
- Paper Cutter or Scissors – love my Swingline SmartCut. I used both it and a pair of scissors.
- Glue – wood, white glue or tacky glue will work best. I used white glue.
- Pen or Marker or image editing software – If you’re going to write the questions and activities by hand, I recommend Sharpie Art Pens. The ink is smooth, doesn’t bleed and won’t smear if it gets wet. You can also open the Jenga Block Templates in an image editor and type out your questions and activities before you print.
* Make this project even easier by printing on sticker paper instead. Forget the glue, just peel and stick!
STEP #1: DOWNLOAD AND PRINT YOUR JENGA BLOCK TEMPLATES
- Download the free printable templates with the green button below. Save the file to your computer and print with the “actual size” setting. This file is designed to fit a name brand Jenga block, but will work on other blocks too. You will need 2 copies of the template to cover an entire set of Jenga blocks.
* PRO TIP: If you’re going to fill in your block template digitally (on the computer), do it BEFORE you print your template.
* PRO TIP: Check your game for a count of how many blocks you’ll need to cover. Name brand Jenga has 54 blocks. My knock-off set had fewer. Each template page has 30 rectangle labels. You’ll need 2 pages (give or take a few) to cover an entire game set.
STEP #2: FILL OUT AND CUT OUT THE BLOCK TEMPLATES
- If you are writing your game prompts out by hand, write one question or activity on each rectangle. You can make these questions and activities as sweet and sentimental or as saucy and sexy as you would like. I did a combination of both sweet and saucy.
- Cut out enough labels to cover every block. I used both my paper cutter and a pair of scissors.
STEP #3: GLUE THE COUPLES JENGA GAME PROMPTS ON THE BLOCKS
- Glue one game prompt label on each block. A thin strip of glue on all 4 edges of the blank side of each label will give the best results. Smooth out the label with your fingers and let the glue dry completely. This part isn’t hard, but it does take a little time.
* PRO TIP: You just need a thin strip of glue. Don’t use a lot or your labels will wrinkle.
* PRO TIP: Clean up any glue that seeps from under the edges of the labels with a damp cloth or paper towel before it dries.
* PRO TIP: If any of your corners come unglued, secure them back down with a little bit of glue stick or white glue.
COUPLES JENGA: AN AT HOME DATE NIGHT THAT WILL REKINDLE YOUR FIRE!
In just 3 steps and an afternoon, you’ll be ready to light some fireworks on your next date night. Couples Jenga is the PERFECT simple, inexpensive, fun and intimate night you’ve been wanting. So, what are you waiting for? Light those fires, check out of reality for a couple hours and enjoy an evening with your favorite sweetie!
MAKE THIS PROJECT EASIER WITH READY-TO-PRINT COUPLES JENGA BLOCK LABELS!