As your family gathers around the dinner table, the tantalizing smell wafting through out the room, the main course often gets the spotlight. But, I promise these Easy Parmesan Garlic Knots will steal the show. And they are incredibly easy to make.
I’m trying to make more balanced meals this year – and some days that means simply making more than just a main course. I mixed up this Parmesan Garlic Knot recipe and my family has requested them 3 times over the past month! The whole family loves Parmesan Garlic Knots! And, really, can you blame them?!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE PARMESAN GARLIC KNOTS
My favorite thing about these Parmesan Garlic Knots is instead of taking 8 or 12 hours to make like some of the bread recipes I’ve tried before, they only take 4 hours. And they fit right into your schedule if you’re planning a day at home already. That might sound like a lot of time, but active prep time is 30-45 minutes and the rest of it is just waiting to the dough to rise and the knots to bake.
You can mix up the dough in the morning and do the morning chores while the dough does its first rise. Cutting the dough and tying them into the knots is super easy and only takes about 10 minutes. While the garlic knots work on their second rise, throw in a load of laundry, feed the kids lunch and prepare the yummy butter garlic topping. Put the topping on and then bake those knots. Your home will smell like heaven. And garlic. To me, those are synonymous.
And you’ll have some amazing appetizers to go along with dinner. Who doesn’t love good bread, especially during these cold wintry months.
THE PERFECT DIPPING SAUCE FOR PARMESAN GARLIC KNOTS
These Parmesan Garlic Knots pair perfectly with RAGU Homestyle Thick & Hearty traditional sauce. I’m not a huge fan of dipping sauces with my bread, not even soup! But my boys, including my husband, LOVE dipping their breads! We love RAGU sauce on our pasta, but the homestyle sauces are thick and full of yummy goodness, which makes them perfect for dipping and so much more.
I grew up with RAGU sauce and it’s the one we often reach for in our home. It brings back memories of family dinners when I was little, and it’s delicious and an easy addition to our busy dinners. And, as a mom, I love that the RAGU Homestyle sauces have no artificial colors, no artificial flavors and no high-fructose corn syrup. It’s a win for everyone.
MORE DELICIOUS FAMILY DINNER RECIPES
RAGU isn’t just for pasta! Check out more about the Homestyle line of RAGU sauces. You’ll find great ingredients, an interesting story, lots of options and great texture. These Homestyle sauces are hearty and thick and stick to your food. The runny, drippy sauce has met it’s match!
And if you’re looking for more family-friendly recipes to feed your home, check out these other great recipes! I know I’m always looking for new ideas.
HOW EASY ARE PARMESAN GARLIC KNOTS? TAKE A LOOK.
PARMESAN GARLIC KNOTS
Serves: 2 dozen knots
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup butter, melted
- RAGU Homestyle Thick & Hearty traditional sauce
- Mix water and yeast together. Let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Combine yeast, olive oil, salt and flour until dough forms. If dough is too sticky, add ⅛ cup flour. If dough is too dry, add 1 tsp of water. Dough should be firm and tacky, but not sticky.
- Put dough in a bowl and cover with plastic. Let rise for 1-2 hours.
- Sprinkle flour on counter top. Remove dough from bowl and cut into quarters.
- Take one quarter of dough and shape into a rectangle. Cut into strips.
- Tie strip into a knot. Set on lightly greased baking sheet. Repeat with each quarter of dough.
- Cover and let rise 30-45 minutes.
- Combine melted butter, 2 - 4 minced garlic cloves, and half cup parsley. Mix until well combined. Spread on top of each knot.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of butter mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 17 to 22 minutes, or until tops are lightly golden brown.
- Cool knots on pan for 5 minutes. Move knots to cooling rack and allow to cool until they can be handled.
- Serve with RAGU Homestyle Thick & Hearty traditional sauce. Enjoy!