I don’t know about you, but my Mr Right can always be counted on in a pinch. Ok, let me explain what kind of pinches I mean. I love to bake. Especially around the holidays. Ok, so we usually end up with goodies coming out our ears. This year, we have more mouths and this may not be such a prevalent issue. But, usually we have more sweets than we can eat. My Mr Right is awesome at finding somewhere for all these sweets to live… but only after we’ve had more than we can handle. =]
So, treat your sweet to some of these: Soft Sugar Cookies! Yum!
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Gradually blend in the sifted ingredients until fully absorbed. Cover dough, and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. On a clean floured surface, roll out small portions of chilled dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out shapes using cookie cutters.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are barely brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.