COUPLE’S SUBWAY ART:
1) First, you will need a picture frame with glass. Plastic will work too, but glass will hold up better. Clean the glass with cleaner and let it dry really well.
2) You could do this in PhotoShop or paint, with acrylic paints, sharpie markers, print it out on the computer or use vinyl. The latter is my preferred medium. You will need to come up with some words or phrases that describe you and your sweetheart. Pet names, wedding dates, surnames, ect work well. Arrange your words and phrases as you would like on the glass.
3) Adhere the words to the glass. Now, if you’re me, you’re using self-adhesive vinyl. All you have to do is transfer the vinyl to your surface (glass). If you’re not me and you’re using something else, good luck. No, just kidding. If you’re using paint, it would be wise to make sure it’s dried thoroughly before you try to frame it. Puffy paints might add a fun 3-D effect to this project. If you are printing something off the computer, you can print and frame. Easy peasy. Or you could get really crazy and cut the phrases apart before you glue them on. Possibilities are endless and completely personalizable on this step. Let your imagination run wild.
4) If you’re me, once again – it’s a crazy life as me, huh? – your vinyl is now adhered to the glass and you’re ready to frame it. I am loving the backless frames. But, I’m also a big fan of Dollar Store frames… they are cheap and if I have to replace them, no sweat. They have real wood frames you can paint, de-stress, ink, whatever your little creative self wants to do. I use a little Tacky Glue and glue the glass into the frame. Set something heavy, but not too heavy (a set of scriptures works great…) on the back of the face down frame to hold it in place while the glue dries. Let it sit overnight. Ugh! I know. I’m a here and now kinda girl, but sometimes the wait really is worth it. This time is one of those times. Promise. Besides, you’re pretty much done with it at this point.
5) Hang. Or wrap for a gift. Either way, enjoy it!
If you would like your own personalized subway art, check this out. You will receive vinyl personalized to your specification and ready to apply to whatever you wish to use as your background display board. If you order, your vinyl will ship within 3 days (depending when you place the order, I try to reserve weekends for my family). These make great Christmas or wedding gifts.