I have been awarded two different awards in the past week and a half: The Stylish Blog Award and the Versatile Blogger Award. I’m incredibly grateful to the two awesome ladies that presented these to me, and honestly a little surprised. Michelle at Heartfelt Balance gave me the Versatile Blogger and Our Family Forest gave me the Stylish Blog Award. However, the reason I love getting awards so much is that I get to pass them on to other deserving bloggers!
Here are the rules for accepting the awards:
- Thank and link back to the person (or people) who awarded you this award
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
Because I was given two awards I’ll share 14 things about me and pass it on to 30 blogs… but it might take me a few days to get them all passed on so bear with me while I do that, kay?
THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. I am five feet tall. My husband is six-foot-three. We make it work. The only thing we really have trouble with is dancing… I get to listen to all the gurgles of his stomach when we do.
2. Uhm, I wish I was craftier than I am. And that I had the space to be so.
3. I make up words. All the time. Weird words.
4. My little family of three lives with my parents currently. And I ache for our own space. It’s also one of the reasons I don’t take on “big projects” like remodeling the kitchen or redecorating the bathroom… I don’t have a kitchen or a bathroom. But,
if when we get our own house…. just you wait.
5. I love being a mom, but sometimes I wish I could just jump in the car and run errands without having to pack a diaper bag first or watch a movie from beginning to end without it taking three times as long as the movie’s running time. And I’m so sick of Finding Nemo.
6. I am an Army wife. It’s a love-hate relationship. I love my husband, and often hate the Army. It’s a lot of politics and who-ya-know. I hate when it frustrates My Mr Right.
7. I’m a night owl. I’ll even keep Little Monkey up late with me so I can sleep in… Bad Mommy? Maybe, but my life is a lot less hectic and I’m a lot less tired than those who put their babies to bed early and have to be up at 5am. Rested mommy=happy mommy.
8. I love to sew… but I hate using patterns. I often times just “make it work”. This blog hasn’t changed that. I don’t want you all to think I’m a moron, so if it doesn’t work… I don’t tell you about it. =]
9. I over use ellipses… See…
10. I don’t like the idea of having the same stuff as everyone else. I don’t often use the subway arts I give away. But I LOVE to see all the different ways people do use them. I would never have thought to make a pillow with it! It amazes me how many different things can be done with the same piece of art. And it always makes me smile to see a project with my pieces. I love that “hey, I made that!” feeling, even though I just did the easy part.
11. I’m running out of ways to keep my little toddler busy and happy. He longs to be outside. I’m also running out of things to post on this blog… Guess I better get to work with the brainstorming and projects. =]
12. I do my smiley emoticons with an equals sign and a left bracket because I don’t like to do things like everyone else. I like it, but it probably looks dumb. I don’t care.
13. I was due on the 4th of July, although born two days early, I’m still of the opinion that Fourth of July firework shows are in celebration of my birth… And I like sparkly things. And fire.
14. I love the outdoors, but hate the cold. I love the beach. I’m a simple girl. I get angry and bite my tongue, rather than talking it out. My Mr Right hates it. I love to play. I love to tease. I love to write. I don’t have many real friends, never have. Quality, right? I love to learn, just not math. I love to shop, but I’m frugal almost to a fault. I just do the best I can with what I have. I love my life, most days… =]
PASSING IT ON:
Ok, I’m gonna start with 3 blogs and the Stylish Blog Award. I’ll get to the others over the next few days.
Simply Designing – Ashley and her blog are simply adorable. She’s got everything! A weekly link party, giveaways, tutorials, recipes, and so much more. I often get sucked into her blog during nap time.
Mommas Kinda Crafty – Joy has a fantastic blog. It’s a place I like to go in my free-time. I don’t get there often, but more than one dinner has been late because I lose track of time trying to get all caught back up on her amazing ideas!
RACKS and Mooby – Kyra is on my same craft wavelength. I am always in love with her projects and ideas. And her writing style is so fun. I leave her blog always feeling like there is someone else out there a little like me.
I’m just gonna keep adding on here… This post will be like 10 pages long, but all the info is already here. The next few blogs I’m awarding the Stylish Blogger Award to are:
Keeping It Simple – Before I ever started my blog, I blog stalked Kaysi. Her blog has grown and her ideas are amazing! Thus, the reason behind the growth, duh, right? I’m grateful for her nap time-friendly posts. It’s always nice to find projects that won’t take days to complete, but she does have more involved projects for you “highly crafty” people too.
Living In A Creative Bliss – Angi’s blog is one that I have just recently stumbled upon. She has super cute ideas, and a lot of them are kid-friendly. Even for my Destructor Toddler. I am really loving her stuff!
Karen’s Ideas Galore – Karen’s blog is also another one I’ve just somehow ended up at. Weird how that happens sometimes. But, I’m so glad I found it! She has great, easy gift ideas in abundance all over her pages.
Young & Crafty – Hannah has a great blog. Her blog name says it all. She has some awesome ideas and her creations are often times renovations of things she has found at Goodwill, on Craiglist and at garage sales. I love that she can see the potential in things others are getting rid of. One man’s trash easily becomes Hannah’s treasures.
Ok, I totally slacked on this, but I’m gonna pick it up…
Paisley Passions – Lori always has cool stuff going on. She’s also got several link parties to join, one is a great blog hop! And I love when she links up to Weekend Wander. =] This is one blog where I look at the clock and think, “shoot, I was only gonna be here for a minute!”
Krafty Kat – Kat has some serious crafty pants going on. She has projects that are nap time friendly and don’t have to be out for days at a time, waiting to be finished. She’s got all sorts of good stuff! I love looking through her blog.
Sweet Bee Buzzings – Bethany’s blog is a new one to me… and I am in LOVE! I was looking through several link parties and I kept ending up back on her blog! I’d say that’s a pretty sure sign that I need to hit the “follow” button.
A Girl & A Glue Gun – This was probably where I got my first taste of public blogging… not my public blogging. I had a family blog and I enjoyed keeping up with that. But, we didn’t do interesting things very often, so the updates were few. I started posting some of my projects on our family blog… and then more and more and more… and then I found Kim’s blog. I thought “that’s what I need, a separate craft blog!” My family was grateful when that happened! Kim’s blog is witty, funny and she has some amazing ideas. This is another one I could spend hours on…
Nap Time Crafts – Uh, hello, the name says it all. Serena’s blog is another one that I kept finding myself at, a little unsure of how I got there. But, oh so glad I was! Seriously, it’s where I go for baby shower gift ideas… no joke. And she has a super cool Army bunker tent she made. That’s a winner in my book!