GIVEAWAY CLOSED! Welcome, welcome.
Today is a BIG day: it’s my giveaway day in the Spring Fling Giveaways Event! Woo Hoo! Well, here is the little pretty you could get your hands on:
A Spring-y, fun and flirty apron. Your call as to where you use it: kitchen, craft room, ect. It’s got an adjustable, Velcro neck tie and two pockets.
First, I’m gonna tell you how to make your own… In case you are so inclined. Actually, it’s pretty easy and it was rather frugal. Ready? Giveaway entry requirements are listed under the tute…
Here’s the How to:
1) You will need three placemats, two identical and one coordinating. I found mine at the Dollar Store. Yeah, for real. One suggestion, before you buy the placemats, check that they are the same width. It’ll make things easier later on. You will also want coordinating ribbon, Velcro and thread.
2) Begin by sewing the two identical placemats together width-wise. You will want to put the top one overlapping the bottom one. Sew the edges of both placemats down, so there will be two seams.
3) Next, measure out your ribbon for side ties. I made mine about 15 inches long for each side. Sew those on where the placemats over lap. I sewed mine in-between the two placemats, but if your mats are the same size, you won’t have the extra hanging fabric I would have. That’s why I did it in-between.
4) Fold the apron in half and cut the top placemat to create the arm holes and neckline. I left my neckline straight. I folded the slanted arm holes back, stitched it down and then applied Fray Check to the seam. Or you can sew the seam under. I didn’t like the way it made my top placemat lie when I had it on though.
5) Measure out your ribbon for your neck ties. If you choose to make it adjustable, one side should be about 1.5 times as long as the other side. Sew the ribbon to the top of your apron. Pin it on and try it on to see how it sits while you’re wearing it. Make sure it’s in the right position before you sew.
6) Pin your Velcro on and sew it to the ribbon. If you want it to be adjustable, make one side long and the other side just enough to securely attach.
7) Ok, time for your pockets. Take your coordinating placemat. Decide how big you want your pockets and how many. Cut them out. Hem the edges. Place the wrong side of the pocket on the right side of the apron in the arrange you desire. Sew on.
TA-DA! You’ve done it! Fairly easy, right? Only seven steps and total cost of this project: less than $5. Out of pocket is a little more, but I still have ribbon, Velcro, thread and a little bit of my third placemat to use on other projects. Not too shabby.
Ok, Now comes the best part! Wanna snag this little baby for yourself? Well, here’s what you gotta do:
MANDATORY ENTRY: Follow While He Was Napping blog with GFC. Just hit the follow button on the right sidebar.
1) Like WHWN on Facebook.
2) Check out my Etsy and leave me a comment on your favorite item.
3) Link up a recipe to the Recipe Exchange AND place the button on your blog. Please include your link number at the party (hover over your image and the number will show up) and the link to your blog where you have placed the button in your comment. If I can’t find both, this entry doesn’t count.
4) Follow Ask Anna.
That’s a total of 5 possible entries per person. Please leave a SEPARATE COMMENT FOR EACH ENTRY! Giveaway ends March 25 at 11:59pm PDT. Winner will be chosen via random.org and announced here on March 26. If you win, you must contact me within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. I will email you if you leave an email address… I won’t go hunting for one though. I will verify the mandatory entry, as well as the winning entry method. Again, PLEASE LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT FOR EACH ENTRY (or you won’t get the right amount of entires!). Good Luck!