This is a quick, easy and cheap little crafty project. A fun, cute gift for the little girls in your life. And they can even help out.
Here’s the How:
1) You will need a glass stone for each necklace you plan to make, ribbon long enough to slip over your head, some scrap book paper, and stickers or self-adhesive vinyl. I used Tacky Glue to put it all together.
2) I used self-adhesive vinyl on the “k” and just cut it out with my Cricut. Just make sure you cut it out backwards! Ask me how I know this… I used a sticker on the other necklace. With the vinyl, just stick it right to the stone. With a sticker, make a thin line of glue along the edges and stick it to the stone.
3) Trace your stone on your scrap book paper. If you do the vinyl, you will need two circles. Fold your paper in half and cut out two identical circles. If you use the sticker, you’ll just need one circle. Glue the circle on with the print facing the stone. Take your ribbon and fold it in half.
4) Glue the ribbon onto the back of the paper. Put a circle of glue around the edges and put your other circle on top of that, with the print facing away from the stone. If you use the sticker, pull the backing off sticker and stick it to your scrap book circle (with the print facing away from the stone. This is different than the vinyl.) Stick your ribbon in between the sticky and the paper to help hold it in place.
5) Tie a knot in your ends or attach necklace clasps to the ends of the ribbons. Let dry completely before wearing. You can still see a few glue spots in my photos, but when it’s all dry it’s clear, not the milky white you can see. Sorry, I was too impatient to wait to do pictures. Ta-DA! All done.
I hope that all made sense. It was basically the same technique for both necklaces, with a few alterations where necessary. Hopefully, the pictures will help you get the idea. If you still have questions, let me know. If you try this, I’d love to see them!