I know it’s barely passed Mother’s Day, but in case you’d like to get a jump on Father’s Day, I thought I’d get this posted. I actually did this for My Mr. Right’s birthday back at the end of April, but it would be an awesome Father’s Day gift, too.
We don’t drink alcohol, but we do love us some good sparkling juice. Costco sells the IZZE brand in a twelve pack during the summer months. Sometimes it’s hard to find during the winter though, so you may want to plan accordingly. Luckily, Father’s Day is right around the corner… and if it would stop snowing, maybe so is summer! Eeeee! That’s my excited squeal. But you can always buy root beer or other soda at the grocery store or Wal-Mart. It’s sold year-round.
Little Monkey and I put together Daddy’s Six Pack and Movie Night. Wanna make your own Daddy’s Six Pack? Here’s the how:
1) Obtain 6 (you could do more or less, as you desire) empty, clean glass bottles. I used the IZZE brand from Costco, as mentioned above. We had to empty the bottles (a horrible sacrifice… lol) before I could do anything with them. Make sure you wash them thoroughly and let them dry completely before you try to fill them. There’s nothing worse than gross candy.
2) Gather your fillers. My Mr. Right LOVES Whoppers, so he got two bottles of those. Popcorn for the movies, Peanut M&M’s, and soft Worther’s caramels rounded out my fillers.
3) Fill your empty bottles with the candy or whatever else you want to fill them with. Put the lids back on. The easy part is done.
4) Now, this part takes some time, but it makes the gift. If you’re rushed you can stop here, but I promise this next part is totally worth it.
5) Create a label for your bottles. I included an ingredients list, manufactured information, the big label and a note from us, wishing Daddy a happy birthday. It might be fun to create a nutrition label too. I created my label in Photoshop. Measure your bottle for the correct dimensions. Print and trim to the correct size. I used the hot glue gun to secure them, as it was quick and easy.
6) If I’d had a few more hours to cross off all the things on my to-do list that day, I would have covered the box and made it all cute too. But, I ran out of time. So, if you’ve got some extra time decorate your box all cute!
Now you can’t tell me this wouldn’t be a hit for the Daddy (or Daddies) in your life. So, start saving those glass bottles! =]