Have you discovered the joy and beauty or bronzer? Oh, I hope so. If not, you’ve come to the right place. Bronzer is amazing. It will give you the subtle summer glow, bring out the structure of your face and create a stunning contrast to your blush. If you use a bronzer with some shimmer, it will also help you look less tired because light will reflect off the shimmer which will make you appear more awake. So, how do you wear this masterpiece? Let me tell you.
1. The key to natural looking bronzer is a light, subtle application. Painting your entire face is not the way to go. It will look orange and often leaves a visible line at the jaw. Besides, a white neck and tan face… Eek! There are gel bronzers, loose powdered bronzers, pressed powdered bronzers and tinted moisturizers. I prefer pressed powder.
2. Use a full powder or bronzer brush and gently dab it against the powder a couple times. Shake the brush gently to knock any loose stuff off.
3. Sweep it upward on your cheekbones and then downward to your jaw line in one fluid motion. Blend it in with your fingertips.
3. Repeat step 2. Start your next brush stroke in the middle of your forehead and do one quick, light sweep to your temple. Go back to the middle of your forehead and do the same to the other side. This will help spread the bronzer evenly and keep one side of your face from being darker than the other. Blend with your fingertips.
4. Repeat step 2 again. Lightly brush the tip of your nose, jump over your lips, and brush your chin. Blend the powder on your nose and chin with the brush. If there are obvious lines, use your finger tips to blend.
5. You can also lightly brush your neck so it matches your face. Bronzer also makes a great natural eye shadow with just a touch of sparkle.
6. Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks. Lightly is the key here, too. Both bronzer and blush should appear natural.
Bask in the beauty of your bronzed goodness. Sigh.