Sandal season is in full swing and there are bare toesies everywhere! What do bare feet need? A pedicure, of course! I can’t really afford to shell out the money for a pedi every month, so I have to do my own. It’s a little less relaxing, having to massage your own feet and all. But it’s totally worth it.
1) Begin with a clean canvas. If you wear sandals often, your feet may be dirtier than you think. I’m guilty of this. Start by washing your feet in cool water with a yummy smelling soap. Anti-bacterial soap is a good idea if you have to deal with foot odor.
2) After you wash your feet, dry them with a soft towel. Use a callus stone to remove any dry, dead skin. Buff your feet over a trash can for less icky clean up.
3) Apply a layer of thick, yummy-scented lotion to your feet. Let it soak in and moisturize your skin.
4) Trim your toenails with nail clippers. Shape the nails with a file.
5) Paint your nails with your choice of nail polish. Keep in mind your audience. Going to the beach? Headed to church before you take your polish off? You can go all out with French tips or nail decals. You can even use vinyl as decals. Make sure you finish off with a clear coat to help protect from chips and add a shine. Clean any polish off your skin with a Q-Tip.
Now flaunt your pretty toes!