I’m sure you’ve pulled out those pretty, little bottles a time or two this summer. Maybe you’ve been one of those lucky ladies at the salon with your feet being lotioned and massaged while you indulge in the latest fashion magazine. If so, good for you, you lucky duck! Are you one of those ladies that can choose a color in 30 seconds? Or do you take forever to choose one? I’m the latter category. So, how do you choose? Maybe some of these tips can help.
– Choose the color based on the occasion or event. Your polish color at work will be different than the polish you choose for a hot date, right? For a more formal setting, neutrals and muted colors are best. Clear polish is a great way to get a finished look.
If you’re headed out to a party, dare to go bold. Metallic colors make a bold statement and are relatively versatile. Keep in mind the jewelry you will be wearing and color your nails accordingly.
– Choose your color based on the tone of your skin. If you are fair skinned, lighter shades are the best bet. Dark ones tend to wash out your skin. Pink undertones and blue undertones are good choices. Berry is a great bold color.
If your skin has more olive undertones and is a bit darker, you’ll probably look fantastic in shades of russet and gold. These shades of nail polish really tend to play up olive skin.
If you have dark skin, you can get by with almost any rich, deep or vibrant shades of nail polish including vibrant reds and purples. You can generally get by with a bolder display of color than can the fair skinned person.
– Choose your color based on your lip color. One way to determine what shades of nail polish will work with your skin tone is to choose nail color based on the colors that flatter your lips. The colors that look good on your lips will probably also look good on your nails.
– Choose a color to coordinate with your clothes. If you wear a lot of brown shades of clothing, you’ll want to consider adding these shades of nail polish to your collection. Take inventory of what’s in your closet and keep your dominant clothing shades in mind when you choose nail color.
– Choose a color based on the season and the current trends. During the warmer months, you’ll want to go lighter with your nail polish color. Those pale, translucent pinks and pale lavenders may be appropriate. Also take into consideration the prevailing color trends in nail color. If purples are hot, this might be a good thing to know.
With unlimited choices and options of colors to wear on your fingers and toes, the possibilities are endless. Good luck and happy color picking!