I wanted to give My Mr. Right a little souvenir, if you will, from our ABC Date. I saw this idea on Pinterest. It popped up a few times, so I had to take a look at it. What a cute idea. So, I whipped one up for My Mr. Right one night after Little Monkey was asleep.
Here’s the How:
1) You will need to come up with something for each letter of the alphabet. I tried to think of things that were unique to My Mr. Right and myself. It was a bit of a stretch with some of the letters and that’s what took the majority of the time (about an hour and a half).
2) Then I opened up my favorite Photoshop and made each letter it’s own little card. I chose to do the letters in four different colors in random order. I also typed out a little explanation of what the letter stood for in our relationship. Some things were memories, some were inside jokes, and some were just reminding him of things I like about him.
3) During naptime the next day, I printed those cards on to white cardstock and cut them apart. I print the letters to 3.5×5”. I cut out some scrapbook paper to 4×6” squares and used Tacky Glue to stick them together.
4) I then hole punched each card and slid it onto a… well, this thingamabob. I searched for the technical name of this little ring, and couldn’t come up with anything across the board. If you know what it’s called, please inform a girl… Thanks.
5) I then wrapped up my ABC Book in some brown paper packaging and it was ready to be gifted. Not too bad and, he liked it. I’m also contemplating displaying it our room… but that’s another post for another time.