This is super easy and incredibly inexpensive. Save an old bottle… Make a cute Jack-o-lantern. No pumpkin gutting required. And you’ll be done in an hour, tops.
Here’s the How:
– An old jar (I used a pickle jar, it was the perfect shape)
– Orange paint (or red and yellow, in my case. I had to make my own orange)
– Black vinyl
1) Wash the jar and let it dry. Soak it in some warm water for about ten minutes to help remove any labels. Let it dry completely.
2) Pour some paint (or mix the paint to the color you want, since apparently you’re out of orange paint…) and paint the INSIDE of the jar. This will give you a shiny finish. If you paint the outside, you’ll get a matte finish. Your choice. P.S. the vinyl will be easier to apply if you paint the inside, but still, your call.
3) I used the font ‘Punkinhead’ and cut out some Jack-o-lantern faces that I liked with my Cricut. (P.S. It’s a free font, for personal use only.) If you don’t have a craft cutter, go old fashioned and grab some scissors. I am rediscovering the love I have for that silly machine. It does more than just sit on my shelf… imagine that. =) However, I do prefer my Expression over my little one.
4) And moving right along. use transfer tape or masking tape (I prefer the latter) and transfer your vinyl faces to the jar. I did three faces around the jar so you can see a face, regardless of where you are in relation to the jar… That way I can use it as a centerpiece.
5) Using a hot glue gun, glue a green ribbon around the mouth of the jar. Ta-da! You’re done. And you can use this as decor into November by simply removing the Jack-o-lantern faces.