These are yummy and kid-friendly. Prep time is approximately 30 mins. AND, they freeze excellently for nights that you need a quick dinner fix.
2 cups of warm water
3 Tbs yeast
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I have substituted olive oil and decrease the measurement to 1/3 cup. It works fine.)
1/2 cups of sugar
2 beaten eggs
1 Tsp salt
5-6 cups flour
Pepperoni (your preference on how much)
Cheese (again, your preference)
1/2-1 cup Pizza Sauce
*You may put in any other pizza toppings you like. We have tried these with black olives, hamburger, pineapple and Canadian bacon, onions, green and red bell peppers, mushroom bits and bacon bits. It’s all very yummy.
– Mix the yeast and water together in a small bowl. Combine all ingredients, except the flour, in a large bowl and mix well. This is where I call on my amazing KitchenAid and let it do all the hard work.
– Add the flour a cup at a time until it is no longer sticky. When your dough is mixed well, take it out of the bowl. Roll into a rectangle.
– Use a basting brush or the back of a spoon and spread the pizza sauce onto your dough. I don’t love red sauces, so I only use about 1/2 cup. You may want more on your pizza rolls. Add your pizza toppings to the top of the sauce. You’ll want to be sparing, but not too sparse, so they will still roll well.
– Roll the dough into a log. Try to keep the roll tight.
– Cut off sections of your dough log, approximately an inch in width. It should look like a cinnamon roll at this point.
– Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. You can sprinkle cheese on the tops of the rolls too, if you’d like. Bake @ 375F degrees for 15-20 minutes.
– If you want to freeze, let the rolls cool and then store each one in it’s own zip top baggie and freeze. Keeps for 2-3 months.