This is one of our new faves. Easy, delicious and everyone can put what they like on theirs. Oh, and it’s delicious!
– 2 cups Rice, white or brown, cooked
– 2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
– 1 Avocado, diced
– 2 1/2 cups Chicken, grilled and diced
– 4-6 Green Onions or Shallots, sliced
– 1-2 Mango, diced
– Cilantro, sliced
– Taco Seasoning Sauce (recipe below)
Taco Seasoning Sauce:
– 1 packet of Taco Seasoning
– 1/3 cup water
– 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
– 1 Tbsp Water
– Cook the rice. Dice or slice up everything else.
– Prepare the Taco Seasoning Sauce by combining the seasoning packet and the water in a small sauce pan on medium heat. Mix well. In a separate small bowl, combine the tablespoon of water and two tablespoons of corn starch. Mix until there are no lumps. Pour the corn starch mixture into the warm seasoning mix. Stir until well combined. Turn heat to simmer and stir occasionally.
Each person ca build their own ‘stack’. Begin with rice and sauce and add any extra toppings as desired. Enjoy!
If you’d like to get more While He Was Napping, you can find me here: