We LOVE these! They are so delicious! Even Little Monkey hopes and begs for leftovers!
STUFFED CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
– 1 can of Enchilada Sauce (I use El Paso Mild Enchilada Sauce)
– 3-4 Chicken breasts, diced and cooked (I usually just boil them. You don’t have to cook them, but I worry about them being cooked thoroughly so I pre-cook them too)
– 1 block of Cream Cheese
– 3-4 Roma Tomatoes, diced
– 4-6 Green Onions (Shallots), sliced
– 1 can of beans (we use black, pinto or kidney… depending on what’s in the cupboard. All are delicious)
– 2 ripe avocados, diced
– Cheese, you can put a little cheese inside each enchilada or just sprinkle it on top, whatever you prefer.
– Wheat or Flour Tortillas
– Lightly spray or butter a 9×13″ pan and preheat the oven to 350F.
– Open your can of Enchilada Sauce and pour a thin layer into the bottom of the greased pan.
– Thaw and dice the chicken breast. Pre-cook, if desired.
– Open and drain your can of beans. Rinse well.
– Dice tomatoes, avocados, and green onions.
– Lay out a tortilla. Cut two slices of cream cheese off the block and lay them on the tortilla.
– Fill your tortilla with beans, chicken, avocado, tomatoes, green onions and cheese.
– Roll up the tortilla and place in the 9×13″ pan.
– Repeat with remaining tortillas until your pan is full. I can usually get 6-8 tortillas in a pan.
– Sprinkle cheese over the top of the tortillas generously.
– Bake at 350F for 25-35 mins or until cheese is melted and light golden brown.
Serve and Enjoy! IT WILL BE HOT!! And DELICIOUS!
Yields approximately 6-8 servings
If you’d like to get more While He Was Napping, you can find me here: