Lisa is back today with a super cute ornament for your tree. Take it away, Lisa!
There’s something beautiful and simple about burlap. And poinsettias are undeniably an easily distinguishable symbol of Christmas. So when you combine them to make a Burlap Poinsettia, you get a beautifully simple Christmas ornament.
Hi there! I’m Lisa Mabey and I blog at Mabey She Made It about DIY projects, crafting, and sewing. I’m excited to show you how to make this beautiful Burlap Poinsettia to decorate your tree or add to your decor. To make a Burlap Poinsettia, you’ll need just a few simple supplies and the results are really fabulous. You’ll need:
- Floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Brown floral tape
- Hot glue
Ready? Ok, here we go!
- Cut your floral wire in half. Create the shape of each petal by bending the wire in half then making additional bends at the base of the petal. Twist the wire ends together.
- Glue the wire petals to the burlap.
- Cut around each one.
- Group the petals together, then wrap the wire with the floral tape.
- Edge the petals with glue and glitter, and let dry.
- Glue some berries in the center, and you’re done!
I hope you’ve enjoyed making a Burlap Poinsettia with me, and that you’ll come visit me at Mabey She Made It for more craft ideas, DIY projects, and sewing!
Thanks, Lisa. These are super cute! I love the way it looks against the greenery, so Christmas-y. Go chekc out some more of Lisa’s awesome ideas at Mabey She Made It.