This is one of my favorite BBQ foods. I love red potatoes. And I really love them roasted. But that can take 30-45 minutes, depending on your oven, which is fine… Unless you are also baking rolls and they need the oven too. And even on the grill, it will take at least 20-30 minutes, but that takes up valuable grill space for those steaks. So, here’s an easy way to speed up the oven cooking time and still get that yummy roasted flavor.
– 4-6 red potatoes, washed and diced
– 1 tsp dill weed
– 1/2 tsp seasoned salt (I will often substitute this with John’s Steak and Seasoning. We put this stuff on EVERYTHING)
– Approximately 2-3 Tbsp olive oil in a small bowl
– Preheat the oven to 450F.
– Steam the diced potatoes in a microwave steamer for 6-8 minutes until tender. You don’t want them to fall apart, but you want them pretty close to the softness you like them, not real firm.
– Line a baking sheet with foil and use a marinade brush to put a thin layer of olive oil on the foil.
– Spread the steamed potatoes on the foil and brush the tops with olive oil.
– Sprinkle the seasonings on the tops of the potatoes.
– Bake the potatoes for 10-15 minutes.
– Remove from oven, place on a serving tray to cool. Serve.