One of my favorite things about Spring is the food. With warmer weather come the cooler, lighter foods. I love a good hearty soup as much as anyone, but after the long winter months full of heavy holiday eating, I’m ready to lighten up my diet. But, just because the food is lighter doesn’t mean it’s got less flavor. Today, I will show you how to make some fantastic deviled eggs (a staple at any BBQ or picnic) and add a twist of flavor with some delicious pepperoni to make these Pepperoni Stuffed Deviled Eggs that will fly off the plate!
PEPPERONI STUFFED DEVILED EGGS
If you haven’t made boiled eggs in the instant pot, you really should try it. We do the 5-5-5 method. At pressure for 5 minutes, natural release for 5 minutes and then ice bath for 5 minutes. If you peel them while they are warm, the shells practically fall off. This is the only way we make boiled eggs now.
If you’re doing old school boiling on the stove, I wish I had some fantastic advice to share for always peeling the perfect egg, but more often than not, it seems mine come out looking like the Emperor from Star Wars… after he takes his hood off. The good news is that, even if you end up with Emperor eggs, they will still taste fabulous!
- 20 slices Pepperoni, Original Flavor
- Pepperoni Minis
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip (you can substitute sour cream for a low-fat dish)
- 1 Tbsp Ranch dressing (or ranch dip powder)
- Begin by boiling your eggs.
- Peel the boiled eggs.
- Cut each egg in half and dump all the yolks into a bowl. Set the egg white halves aside.
- In the bowl of egg yolks, combine the garlic powder, the paprika and the Miracle Whip.
- Use a fork to break the yolks apart and stir the ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Dice up the pepperoni slices into small squares. Stacking the pepperoni together makes the dicing easier and quicker.
- Add the pepperoni dices and the ranch dressing to the egg yolk mixture and stir until evenly combined.
- Use a spoon to put some of the yolk mixture into each egg white half.
- Garnish with Pepperoni Minis and a sprinkle of paprika, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Store any leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 111mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
PEPPERONI STUFFED DEVILED EGGS PEOPLE WILL FIGHT OVER
I served these at a get-together with some friends and they were a HUGE hit, particularly with the men. Maybe pepperoni makes deviled eggs a more masculine food? They are so full of flavor they almost jumped off the plate.
That extra blast of flavor makes these pepperoni stuffed deviled eggs totally compelling to just inhale off the plate.
I may or may not have made another batch the next day. And then eaten six of them all at one time. I’ll never tell.
So, next time you need an appetizer for a Spring picnic or BBQ, let a bit of peperoni transform regular ole deviled eggs into delicious, can’t-eat-just-one Pepperoni Stuffed Deviled Eggs and be the talk of the party.