Okay, let’s get this kit, and you, ready for action! Here’s what you’ll need:
Supplies for your Period Preparedness Car Kit
- A small bag that will fit the following items (hint: cosmetic bags are perfect!)
- Air-activated heat compress
- Menstrual Pain Relief
- U by Kotex® Barely There Liners
- U by Kotex® Curves® Liners
- U by Kotex® Click® Tampons
- U by Kotex® Cleanwear® Pads
- Plastic ziptop bag (optional)
- Extra panties (optional)
*Of course you can adjust the items in your kit according to your preferences and personal needs.
Assembling Your Period Preparedness Kit
- I grabbed all my items at my local CVS, except the cosmetic bag that I already had on hand.
- Open your U by Kotex® products and decide how many of each product you want to include in your kit. You don’t need to pack for your entire period. This is just to get you out of a tough jam.I know this is a sponsored post, but I promise you I’d still say this if it weren’t. I absolutely love U by Kotex® products. They are effective and comfortable. I know I can depend on them to let me live my life, even when I’m on my period.I’ve spent nearly 20 years trying every kind of tampon out there and have never found one I like. Until now. We went on a four week road trip this summer and I knew that time of the month would roll around while we were on vacation. Who should come to visit during the weekend we spent in the hot Saint George desert with a pool in the backyard? You guessed it.In a desperate attempt to not be sidelined while my husband and boys played in the pool all weekend, I tried U by Kotex® Click® tampons. I am completely serious when I say that these have changed my life. This is the first time since I was a devastated not-quite-12-year-old girl with my first period that summer has been just as great with my period as it is without it. In a house full of testosterone, this is a BIG deal for me. My guys might not get it, but U by Kotex® does. Because of U by Kotex® I have been right there with my guys, having adventures and exploring new places all summer long. It has been amazing.
- If you decide to include extra panties and a plastic baggie, place the panties inside the baggie and place them in your cosmetic bag (or whatever you’ve chosen instead).
- Put in at least one dose of your preferred menstrual pain relief. I included an instant hot pack too, just in case I get a particularly bad case of cramps and there’s not a rice bag to be found.
- Be sure to put in your favorite U by Kotex® products too. After my last baby, I decided to try an IUD and love that it was lightened my periods. That hasn’t always been the case though. One of the things I love about U by Kotex® is the variety of products. When I first started looking at these products, I checked to see if I’d have to find something else if my heavy flow returns when I removed my IUD. I was so glad to see options for every woman.
- Put your kit in the car so you’re prepared should the unexpected strike without warning.
Now, I called this a car kit, but here’s the best part. It’s compact and light and discreet enough that you can tuck it into your purse, beach bag, diaper bag, suitcase, carry on, or backpack. You don’t have to leave it in the car! In fact, it won’t be much good if you do. How frustrating to know everything you need is out in the parking lot in the glove box! That would be an awful way to ruin your day at the theme park!
Find some more great ideas to help you rock your period. Because “it’s my favorite week of the month!” said no one ever. Or check out the Daily Break and see how women everywhere can live life, no matter what week it is.
Ever wanted something different from your feminine hygiene products? Kotex® wants to hear from us – the women who use the products! They want US to tell them what WE want. Because how are things going to get better with them telling us what they think we want? Do you have something to say? Tell me in the comments.