Hi! Welcome! I’m so glad you stopped by today! Have you had sickness in your home lately? We are going on 4 weeks here. FOUR! Everyone has been on antibiotics at least once and now we’re passing around the strangest virus I’ve ever had. Sick kids can be so hard when you’re trying to run a household. Especially if you’re sick too! But tracking your family’s medication shouldn’t be a hassle – that’s where this medication tracker will come to the rescue!
DISCLAMER: I’m not a medical professional and this is not medical advice! I’m just a mom who has had sick kids, been sick myself, had a sick husband, and missed medication doses or couldn’t remember what time it was when I gave him medicine last time. This is something that helps me keep track and stay on top of medicating my family safely and confidently and I wanted to share it with you, hoping it will help you do the same for your family.
NEVER MISS A DOSE AGAIN WITH THIS MEDICATION TRACKER
Have you ever wondered… “Did I give him his last dose?” or maybe “when did I give her medicine last?” When there’s illness in a family it affects everyone and trying to remember when the last dose of medication was given should be the least of your worries; but often, it’s not.
I know how all those doses run together when a fever lasts days or a round of antibiotics stretches on and on. Save yourself some worry, uncertainty and maybe even sleep! Make it super easy to medicate your sick family with confidence with just a glance.
And these are a MUST-HAVE in families where more than one person might give the medication. Never worry about double dosing again!
IS MEDICATING YOUR FAMILY SAFE AND EASY?
Do you ever administer medication to anyone else or take it yourself, ever? If so, this is for you! Are you tired of trying to remember when that last dose was given? How much? And what medicine was that again? Are you:
- a tired mom or dad, giving medication every 4-8 hours, around the clock? Day and night?
- a daycare provider that cares for, and occasionally medicates, children you don’t live with?
- one of many adults that may give medication to one child or other adult?
- ever sick yourself, but still have to keep up with your life and sometimes find yourself missing medication doses?
If you said yes to any one of those, this medication tracker can help make your next bout of sickness a little easier to manage. What are you waiting for?
3 REASONS YOU NEED A MEDICATION TRACKER
Sickness affects everyone in the house. It affects sleep cycles, you have to keep to the medication schedule. Are multiple people giving the medication? Maybe you’re not thinking clearly from being sick and medicated? Here’s what a medication tracker can do for you:
- You won’t have to wonder, “What time was that last dose? Has it been 6 hours yet?” You’ll know exactly when that next dose is due. This is nice to grab and take to the doctor, if you get that far.
- If multiple people are giving medicine, this is the perfect way to make sure there are no double dosing accidents. Keep your kids safe!
- If you’re the one who is needing medication, it can be hard to run a household while you’re sick. Not feeling well and having to keep up life is a lot to think about. Ease your stress by tracking your medication so you can focus on what really matters.
PRINT YOUR MEDICATION TRACKER AND MAKE YOUR NEXT ILLNESS EASIER TO MANAGE
This is super simple. You won’t need anything fancy. This medication tracker is a single page, but print as many of them as you need. One for each sick child or for as many doses as you need to track. The bright colors will hopefully help remind you to mark your progress and maybe bring some feel-good power to your day… after your next medication dose kicks in, of course. Now, print your medication tracker and medicate confidently!
Of course, you can simply download and print the file. It’s usable as it is. But, I like to make my organizer pages re-usable. It’s super easy, but totally optional. The only thing you really NEED is the download file and a printer to print it on.
- Medication Tracker –> Get the printable PDF!
- Laminator (I love my Scotch thermal laminator and use it all the time. The cold laminating sheets also work, as does a simple plastic page protector, although the ink of your pen might bubble a little on a page protector sheet.)
- Laminating Pouches for each medication tracker you plan to make
- Wet erase pens (you can use dry erase pens, but the fine tip wet erase ones usually work better)
- Magnet tape
PRINT YOUR MEDICATION TRACKER
Step #1: Download the medication tracker and save it to your computer.
Step #2: Print the medication tracker. If you are going to make it re-usable, I suggest using a heavier paper such as card stock. If you’re only going to use it once, regular printer paper is fine.
MAKE YOUR MEDICATION TRACKER RE-USABLE WITH A THERMAL LAMINATOR
Step #3: Turn on your laminator and let it warm up. While the laminator is heating up, slide your printed medication tracker inside a thermal laminating sheet.
Step #4: When the laminator is ready, run the laminating pouch through the laminator. Pull out the pouch and lay it flat on a cool surface until it cools to the touch.
Step #5: Cut a strip of magnet tape and adhere it to the back of the medication tracker. I prefer to put a strip on the top and one on the bottom as well.
Step #6: Use a wet erase pen to write on the medication tracker.
MAKING YOUR MEDICATION TRACKER RE-USABLE WITH A COLD LAMINATING POUCH
DISCLAIMER: I don’t have a lot of experience with the cold laminating pouches. I’ve only ever used the small sizes and my results have been mostly good. I prefer the hot laminating method though.
Step #1: Prep the laminating pouch as directed on the package. Follow all instructions.
Step #2: Cut a piece of magnet tape and adhere it to the back of the medication tracker. I usually do a long piece at the top and a long piece at the bottom.
Step #3: Use the wet erase marker to write on the medication tracker.
MAKING YOUR MEDICATION TRACKER RE-USABLE WITH A SHEET PROTECTOR
Step #1: Slide the page into the plastic page protector.
Step #2: Use a magnet to hang medication tracker on the fridge. Or you can use some magnet tape on the back of the page protector.
Step #3: Use wet erase markers to write on the medication tracker.
MEDICATE YOUR FAMILY WITH CONFIDENCE AND SAFETY
Congratulations! You’re ready to take on the next illness that comes your way. You’ll be able to give your family the medication they need, when they need it. You won’t have to wonder if it’s really been 6 hours since the last dose or if you actually gave that medicine this morning. At a glance, you’ll be confident that you’re doing all you can to manage those pesky germs.
Do you have any tricks for dealing with sick kids? Leave your tips in the comments below.