Oh, the boundless energy of the young. Running with the wind in your face. Leaping through the air. Jumping off the couch. Err, wait. Maybe that’s just at my house? No? Well, if you’ve ever needed a way to channel all that pent up energy, here is the game you’ve been looking for. You can play this Active Jenga for Kids Game over and over, anytime you need an energetic indoor activity for kids!
ENERGETIC INDOOR ACTIVITY: ACTIVE JENGA FOR KIDS
ACTIVE JENGA FOR KIDS – AN INDOOR GAME THAT HELPS KIDS BURN ENERGY WITHOUT DESTROYING THE HOUSE
Kids are crazy. A good, active, energetic kind of crazy. I love my kids, but sometimes they are just… A LOT. My zombie mom, sleep deprived self just can’t keep up with all that boundless bouncing energy.
But, if I can’t help them channel that energy, more often than not, the above jumping off the furniture scenario is just a matter of time. Or maybe it will be wrestling match this time. Or possibly a game that includes throwing a ball at my glass picture frame riddled walls.
But this Active Jenga for kids game is the perfect way to harness that energy and use it up – safely. Without destroying the house.
THIS ACTIVE JENGA GAME FOR KIDS IS THE PERFECT KIDS GAME FOR ALL OCCASIONS
I love a good kids activity, but a lot of them are ‘one and done’. We do ‘one and done’ activities all the time, but there is a certain appeal to knowing that after spending 30-60 minutes on making this game, it will be ready to play over and over again. This game is perfect when:
- it’s too cold outside.
- it is too hot outside.
- it’s raining or snowing or hailing
- you have lots of kids
- you only have one kid
- the kids need to play alone for a few minutes
It’s easy to take with you. It easy to play and still fun for a variety of ages. Set up is easy. Clean up is easy. And it’s still fun when you go back to play again. This game is definitely not ‘one and done’.
3 SUPER EASY STEPS TO MAKE YOUR ACTIVE JENGA GAME FOR KIDS
Truth bomb. Ready? The hardest part of this project is coming up with ideas of what to write on each block. But, there is a silver lining.
Silver lining: I made a set of 60 questions and activities that are ready to print. If you want an easy peasy project, you can find those in my Etsy Shop. There’s even an editable PDF file to help you customize your game as simply as possible.
Extra Shiny Silver Lining: If you have a cutting machine, you get the SVG files included in the game files! Use your print and cut feature to literally open it in your cutting software, print the page with registration marks and then cut it with your machine. Then, it’ll be as easy as slapping stickers on blocks.Kids Active Jenga Game Template Page
One last insider tip –> Print on sticker paper and it will cut your prep time in half or more! As quick as you can say peel and stick, your stickers will be adhered to your Jenga game blocks and you’ll be ready to play with zero drying time needed.
Okay, let’s do this!
ACTIVE JENGA GAME FOR KIDS MATERIALS:
- Jenga Block Template – Download this from the button below. This is simply the blank colored labels you’ll put on the wooden blocks. If you want to quickly and easily customize your game with a professional look, get the Editable PDF template or the Ready-to-Print labels in my Etsy shop.
- Jenga Game – Get it on Amazon. You can find knock off versions and they will work (I used a knock off version), but the quality isn’t as good, some of the blocks were misshapen and the blocks were not all the same size. Knock offs work, actual Jenga blocks look better.
- Paper and Printer – I recommend sticker paper to make this project even easier! But standard printing paper is sufficient too. If possible, I also recommend a laser printer to help with longevity, but ink jet will work too.
- Paper Cutter or Scissors – love my Swingline SmartCut. I used both it and a pair of scissors. (Only need if you aren’t using a cutting machine)
- Glue – wood, white glue or tacky glue will work best. I used white glue. (Only need if you aren’t using sticker paper)
- Pen or Marker or image editing software – If you’re going to write the questions and activities by hand, I recommend Sharpie Art Pens. The ink is smooth, doesn’t bleed and won’t smear if it gets wet. You can also open the Jenga Block Templates in an image editor and type out your questions and activities before you print.
STEP #1: DOWNLOAD AND PRINT YOUR JENGA BLOCK TEMPLATES
- Download the free printable templates with the green button below. Save the file to your computer and print with the “actual size” setting. This file is designed to fit a name brand Jenga block, but will work on other blocks too. You will need 2 copies of the template to cover an entire set of Jenga blocks.
* PRO TIP: If you’re going to fill in your block template digitally (on the computer), do it BEFORE you print your template.
* PRO TIP: Check your game for a count of how many blocks you’ll need to cover. Name brand Jenga has 54 blocks. My knock-off set had fewer. Each template page has 30 rectangle labels. You’ll need 2 pages (give or take a few) to cover an entire game set.
STEP #2: FILL OUT AND CUT OUT THE BLOCK TEMPLATES
- If you are writing your game prompts out by hand, write one question or activity on each rectangle. You can make these a mix of questions and activities – or do all questions for a get-to-know-you style game OR do all active challenges for a real energy buster. I did a combination and even through in some math practice!
- Cut out enough labels to cover every block. I used my Silhouette Cameo and printed on sticker paper – it made this a million times easier. If you want the cut files already to go, they are included in the files in my Etsy shop.
STEP #3: ADHERE THE ACTIVE JENGA GAME PROMPTS ON THE BLOCKS
- If you used sticker paper, just peel and stick one label on each block. Easy Peasy.
If you used standard paper, glue one game prompt label on each block. A thin strip of glue on all 4 edges of the blank side of each label will give the best results. Smooth out the label with your fingers and let the glue dry completely. This part isn’t hard, but it does take a little time.
* PRO TIP: You just need a thin strip of glue. Don’t use a lot or your labels will wrinkle.
* PRO TIP: Clean up any glue that seeps from under the edges of the labels with a damp cloth or paper towel before it dries.
* PRO TIP: If any of your corners come unglued, secure them back down with a little bit of glue stick or white glue.
ACTIVE JENGA GAME FOR KIDS: A GAME FOR ALL AGES!
In just 3 steps and an afternoon, you’ll be ready to whip out an awesome activity the whole family will love. Use it when you need a minute, when the kids are getting a bit too crazy, or for family game night! Active Jenga for Kids is the PERFECT simple, inexpensive, fun and easy way to help the kids channel all that energy into some fun memories. So, what are you waiting for? Put this together in a snap and get those kids who are jumping on the beds to come play this fun game!
MAKE THIS PROJECT EASIER WITH MY READY-TO-PRINT ACTIVE JENGA GAME BLOCK LABELS IN MY ETSY SHOP!
Like this idea? Want to spice things up for your next date night? Check out my Couple’s Jenga bedroom game for a more adult version of this game.