Yes, it’s official here. We are back in school for another year. Big J started 2nd grade on Monday and so far, so good.
We all try really hard not to start the school year off with the sniffles, but the new germs that come into your home every day can make that a challenge. Kids are not known for their sanitation practices, regardless of how many times we remind them to wash their hands. Going back to school gives those kids a plethora of new friends and new germs.
I think there’s really nothing worse than sick kids; and, almost every time Big J comes back through our door I’m a little apprehensive of what he’s bringing home. I’ve got my arsenal all ready to keep my family as healthy as possible this back to school season.
HOW CAN YOU BATTLE BACK TO SCHOOL GERMS AND HELP YOUR SCHOOL?
What’s in my stay-healthy arsenal?
Not a lot, but you know what they say… Sometimes, a little bit goes a long way. Some simple, natural DIY disinfecting wipes, Kleenex tissues, hand soap and sanitizer and vitamin C supplements are all I’m using.
All you need is a few supplies and a super quick DIY project to be well on your way to banishing those unwelcome germs. What’s so great about this little kit I’ve put together?
- it’s quick and easy to put together
- grab your supplies while you’re back to school shopping
- DOUBLE BOX TOPS for your school!
DIY DISINFECTANT WIPES RECIPE
Do you use disinfectant wipes in your home? We use them all the time… because I live with a lot of boys, there’s always a mess somewhere in my house. Here’s how you can make up your own batch of DIY disinfecting wipes to keep the bugs and germs under control.
- Paper Towels – Get Viva Vantage rolls at Wal-Mart for DOUBLE BOX TOPS!
- White Vinegar
- Wipes Container or other container
- Small Lemon or Lemon Essential Oil
1. Pull the paper towels off the roll. Try not to rip them apart. Cut the towels if you need to so they will fit in the container you’ve chosen.
2. Fold the towels and lay them on the table.
3. If you’re using a small lemon, squeeze 1 tsp of juice. In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup of white vinegar and 1 tsp lemon juice or 5 drops of lemon essential oil.
4. Pour the vinegar solution over the paper towels, separating the towels as needed to get the solution all the way through the entire stack. It’s better to separate the towels than to squeeze them. If you squeeze them, they will be harder to get out of the container and more likely to rip because they are wet.
5. Store the wipes in an air tight bag.
Super easy to make and I love the lemony smell. I use these to wipe down our door knobs and light switches and to tidy up counter tops. We use them as wet wipes and I carry a small pouch of them in my car for when we’re running errands. These DIY wipes are super handy at the store and after playing at the park. They won’t withstand deep cleaning, but they help to keep the guck and grime at bay.
EARN DOUBLE BOX TOPS FOR YOUR SCHOOL
Right now, you can earn DOUBLE BOX TOPS for your school with products you already buy. I love when I can help out our school a little more just by doing the things I already do! Grab some Viva Vantage at Wal-Mart to make your disinfectant wipes. Beat those germs and get money for your school so they can buy the things they need.
I love the Box Tops program and I have been collecting those little labels for over 10 years. I’ve seen it help schools purchase playground equipment, new library books, computers for the computer lab and more. Since I am able to help out our school simply with the purchases we make anyway is something I am very thankful for because I don’t always have the time or money to donate as often as I wish I could. Box Tops allows me to help in this small way and, furthermore, doesn’t cause our family any extra burden.
Before you head out to do all that back to school shopping, check out these qualifying Kleenex, Scott and Viva paper products so you can stock up on all the paper products your family needs and you can earn DOUBLE BOX TOPS for your school. Then, scroll to the bottom of the page and check out the fun learning activities that will keep your kids learning beyond the classroom!